Friday, January 25, 2013

A Happy New Year, 18 Months, an Anniversary, and Shreveport, LA!

After spending the night in Houston, we drove up to my parents in Shreveport and enjoyed a visit with them!  I'm ashamed to say that I did an absolutely HORRENDOUS job taking pictures- as in I have one from the entire visit!

Our first few days there were just trying to recover from jetlag.  Savannah was a champ and actually recovered very quickly.  She was sleeping through the night by the third night, Praise the Lord!  We celebrated the New Year with a quiet dinner at home and were in bed by 8:30.  New Year's Day was Savannah's half year birthday (18 months) and the three year birthday her friend Luke.  We enjoyed a nice visit with the Armstrong family celebrating sweet Luke's special day!

On January 2nd, Brent and I drove to Dallas for a quick anniversary get away.  This was our first time to leave Savannah overnight, but we were thankful for the time away as a couple.  We did lots of shopping, eating, sleeping in, and being lazy.  It was wonderful!

When we got back to Shreveport we continued to spend time with family, friends, and going to church.  We had a great time watching Savannah enjoy opening her Christmas presents from Honey and Papa.  She absolutely loved them!  After opening presents in Saudi she knew exactly what to do and tore into her presents with glee!

We also enjoyed watching her interact with our dog Scarlet.  Scarlet was not very interested in Savannah; however, Savannah was VERY interested in Scarlet.  She followed/chased Scarlet around the house constantly saying "dog!"  They did have to mutual times of enjoying each other; dinnertime and fetching.  Scarlet was more than happy to enjoy Savannah's company during meals and was fed plenty!  Savannah loved throwing the ball to Scarlet and watching her run around the house and the yard.

On January 7th we celebrated seven years of marriage!  It's hard to believe it has been seven years since saying "I do!"  How truly blessed we are!  Since we had already had a several day anniversary celebration, some friends watched Savannah and we went to dinner with my parents.  It was a truly lovely evening.

We so enjoyed our visit in Shreveport.  Our time with family is never long enough and I always long for more.  I'm so blessed with amazing parents who love us, Savannah, and the Lord!

Here's my one picture from our time in Shreveport.  I promise to do better next time!

Scarlet, Savannah, and Papa

Our next stops were Birmingham and Atlanta!

No comments:

Post a Comment