Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Pumpkin Carving with Daddy

Brent mentioned to me early in October that he would love to carve a pumpkin with Savannah this year.  Unfortunately, pumpkins are generally hard to come by in Saudi because they are imported.  This also means they are very expensive!  I kept my eyes out for one but didn't find anything until a few days before Halloween.



When I said pumpkins were expensive, let me break it down for you.  They are 30 SR a kilo here, which converts to about $3.63 per POUND!  The second picture was the largest pumpkin they had, the size I would buy if I were in the US.  It costs a mere $52.59!  The pumpkin I got was much smaller and cost me about $14.  

Once Brent saw the pumpkin after coming home he was ready to dive right into carving it!  He and Savannah sat on the back porch and had fun!  :)  Savannah was really into it at first, but lost interest and decided to color across the table from daddy while he worked.  Did I mention that she also wanted to wear her Minnie Mouse ears (she was practicing for the big night)?








This year Brent chose the design of the jack-o-lantern, but I have a feeling that our pumpkins in the future will be wearing princess crowns or jewelry at the least.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment