Saturday, November 30, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013

We spent Thanksgiving in Saudi again this year (our fifth Thanksgiving here) and celebrated with a wonderful group of friends.  I say this every year, but our group of friends here become more like family.  We've had lots of our close buddies leave this year, but the Lord has been gracious and sent us new families to meet and enjoy.

I spent the day cooking a turkey and copious amounts of green bean casserole, and that night we went to Amber and Daniel Jones' house.  


We had a great crew of kiddos this year!  Savannah had a wonderful time eating with her friends Lucy, Jack, Jacob, Jackson, and Noah.




 It's always funny to watch your child discover a new food.  This Thanksgiving it was corn on the cob. She's had corn many times, but never on the little cob.  Haha- she thought it was lots of fun!







After the amazing feast, the kids had fun playing with each other and Jack's toys!  Savannah thought this pair of hulk hands was particularly hilarious- and so did we!



The adults had a great time hanging out, eating, and watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade live (remember, 9 hour time difference).  Sadly, I only got a few pictures of the adults, and only group shots of Olivia who was conked out the whole time.


Jeanette and Ellie, Amber and Olivia
One of Savannah's newest friends is Lucy.  She and Lucy are only a few months apart!  Jeanette (Lucy's mom) had her second little girl six weeks after Olivia was born.  Needless to say our families have a lot in common right now and the girls get along great!





This year the Thanksgiving festivities were not restricted to one day, but flowed over into Friday too!  Love that!  Here are a few shots I took right after we got home from the feast.  Both of the girls were tired, but I had to snap a few.  :)

I'm sorry, but she is still so stinking cute even when she cries!


We truly have so much to be thankful for.  The Lord has blessed our family immensely this year, and we appreciate his goodness and faithfulness!

No comments:

Post a Comment