Monday, March 5, 2012

Bahrain!

Last Thursday and Friday, we took a quick trip and spent the weekend in Bahrain.  It was our first trip back to Bahrain since November 2010 and the Arab Spring uprising.  It's crazy to think that the last time we were there I was only seven weeks pregnant, and how we have an eight month old! Needless to say, things have changed quite a bit for us and for Bahrain, but it was still wonderful to visit some of our favorite spots!

The day started out with a bang while in the car traveling over.  We had been anxiously awaiting the arrival that Savannah would get her first tooth, and we happily discovered that had popped through!
On our way to Bahrain!  Oh, look- I have a tooth!
Our first stop was our favorite framing shop.  Mustafa, at Sheema Framing in Adliya, is our trusted framer who always produces excellent work!  He has finished about 6 pieces for us in the past, and we have been eager to get back to Bahrain to visit his shop.  We dropped off three pieces and can't wait to see the finished product!
Brent, Savannah, and Mustafa
Next we visited our favorite lunch spot, Coco's!  When we lived in Bahrain, we made the ten minute walk to Coco's at least once a week.
Lunch at Coco's!

Kind of a goofy picture of booth of them, but the best I've got!  :)
We scooted over City Centre Mall and did some shopping and hanging out the rest of the afternoon.  It was fabulous being able to try on the clothes in a dressing room (no, we don't have dressing rooms here in Saudi).  I was especially excited to visit this......
Marble Slab!
I totally got a double doozie cookie too; for later of course!
At this point we were pooped and headed back to the hotel room.  It was wonderful to relax and each other's company.  For dinner we dined on Mexican food, and it was fabulous!
Hi Mom!
I'm coming to get you!
I love this picture!  Mrs. Personality
  The next morning we went to Ric's, and enjoyed some delicious BACON AND SAUSAGE!!!!!!    Poor Savannah passed out at the very end; it was quite comical!
I'm ready for another day!
YUM!
Poor pumpkin was exhausted!
Did I mention that I had to drive the entire weekend?  I have always been a little nervous about driving over here, because they drive so crazy; however, I've apparently been here too long because it was surprisingly easy!  On another side note, a crazy sandstorm also hit on Wednesday, and hung with us the entire time, but it couldn't stop our fun!  :)
You can see how hazy it is.
Overall, we had a fabulous weekend!  It was great to be back in Bahrain, and Savannah got another stamp in her passport!  

2 comments:

  1. Laura, this is Morgan Smith! I just stumbled across your blog! Can I just say...your family is beautiful! That baby Savannah is a doll! God Bless you friend. Glad to see you are doing so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you guys had a great time and I found a new place to try out next we go...we haven't been to Coco's!

    ReplyDelete