Sunday, March 18, 2012

The States and Life Lately

It's been a while since I last posted, because life has been busy lately! Last week, I spent almost every day trying to get ready for Savannah and I to make the trip back to the States on Monday night.  Packing is an entirely new adventure now that we have a baby.  :)  In the past, I used to pack maybe half a suitcase and then load up when we get to the States; however, I have quite a bit more to pack now that we have Savannah.  An item has to be deemed absolutely necessary to make it in the suitcase!  LOL! Anyway, after four days of packing, cleaning, and preparing, Savannah and I were ready to go.  That's when the fun started......

During the first week of March Savannah got her first tooth, and then her second tooth came up the day we left.  As many mother's will attest, teething isn't always fun and can make your little pumpkin feel poorly.  We noticed that each time she was getting close to popping a tooth out, she would have a bit of diarrhea.  Well, about 5:00 pm on Monday night (the night we left) she started having lots of diarrhea.  We were not worried by this because she was cutting a tooth that day; however, I soon learned that it was just the beginning!  My poor baby was sick the ENTIRE trip home, all 32 hours (door to door travel time)! Over the course of the trip she was probably sick at least 20 times.  The crazy part about it is that she never ran fever, never stopped eating, and was generally her happy self.  As a result of so much pooping, she has a monstrous diaper rash; the first diaper rash of her life.   Poor sweetie pie, but I have to say that I have such an AWESOME baby girl!  She has made the journey back and forth three separate times, and even though she was sick this time she was sooo good on the trip. Unfortunately, this little stomach bug stuck with her for four days.  Yesterday was the first time since we left that things seem to be back to normal.  We're all hoping that we are done with this bug!

The main reason Savannah and I came back to the States for a visit is for her to have a small cyst above her left eye removed.  We go for pre-op on Tuesday, and then Savy will have surgery to remove the dermoid cyst on Friday. At our last visit, the doctor indicated that the surgery would only be 30 minutes to an hour long with one or two stitches in the crease of her eyelid.  Her scar won't even be very visible.  Please keep her in  your prayers as we get ready for her little procedure. 
In other Savannah news, as I said earlier, she has two teeth now.  She loves feeling her teeth with her tongue and has tried to nibble on me more than once.  Hehe!  She is now saying Momma too; and it mostly comes out when she is upset.  :) My favorite new activity is her wave!  As soon as she sees herself in the mirror she starts waving.  It is soooooo cute! I took her to her pediatrician here on Friday for a check up, and she was 19 lbs 1 oz (60th percentile) and 27 inches long (50th percentile).  Overall, our little sweet pea is doing great! 

Savannah has really enjoyed being around Scarlet and squeals with excitement when she gets close to her.  Scarlet on the other hand...... well, she's not quite sure what to think of Savannah; however, she loves eating up the food Savy drops.  I'm sure their sisterly bond will be great! 

We're looking forward to our time here in the States, but we both miss Brent!  Daddy had to stay behind this trip in order to save his vacation for later on; however, we're making sure we pick up a few special treats for him while we're here.  We love you, Brent!

That's the news for now.  We'll keep you updated on Savannah's procedure this week! In the meantime, here's a few pictures to enjoy from this week.....   :)






No comments:

Post a Comment