Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween 2012

Every since I was a child, I have always loved this time of year.  Fall weather, the holidays approaching, and everything that comes with it!  Now that we have a child of our own, this time of year is a thousand times more special and we cherish making special memories with her.  

As I scrolled through Facebook over the past two months, I have been secretly jealous of all the precious pumpkin patch pictures that my friends have been able to do with their kids.  Well, a sweet friend of ours on the compound decided to create her own "pumpkin patch" so that all of our kids could get pictures near it.  Unfortunately, real pumpkins are CRAZY expensive over here.  I'm talking like thirty dollars for a two pound pumpkin (seriously)!  Needless to say, real pumpkins in the Saudi pumpkin patch aren't possible..... but inflatable ones are!  :) On Tuesday we went with Savannah's friend Jack and got some pictures.

The kids didn't know what to think at first.



Blowing kisses to the pumpkins. 
Jack
This was the best shot I could get of them together.  They wanted to move! 
They discovered a slide in the yard after pictures and had a blast!
On Halloween morning, our friend Lindsey invited us and all of our baby friends over to her house to play and decorate some Halloween cookies!  Lindsey is ridiculously crafty and creative, so it was precious!  This was Savannah's first taste of cookies, and it was fun to watch her try them out.  I think she ended up liking the icing best of all!  )

Savannah and Miles

Isn't Lindsey creative!

Brooklyn and Jacob 
I'm ready for my cookie!


On second thought, I'll just eat the icing, Mom.  (Look at my face too!) 

Tucker
Amber and Jack
Brooklyn

Stephanie and Jacob
Savannah's cookies
All the moms together!
Playing in the Jump House afterward.


Later that night, we got Savannah transformed into her zebra outfit and headed out to Trick-or-Treat around our compound.  Savannah is cutting teeth (three came through this morning) and has been very fussy, so she wasn't too happy about being in her costume at first.  That soon changed when she saw her friends and got to go get candy!  :)

I'm not happy! 


I'm still not happy!

Things are getting better...

Things are good now that she is with Tucker.  :)
And they're off....
The community on the compound does an awesome job trying to make sure that our kids get as genuine an experience as possible.  So many of our friends and neighbors waited on their back porches to pass out candy to the kids and everyone loved it!  Thank you for helping make things special for our kiddos!
Stopping by the first apartment building table.
Brooklyn 
Gavin and Savannah 
Savannah and Miles 
Adriana, Lauren, and Ian
Love these two!
Heather- our expectant "mummy"
Luke is due in three weeks!  
Stephanie, Jacob and Gizmo
Ready to pass out candy!
I'm definitely having fun now!
Thank you Mrs. Lori!
Big Girl- Getting her own candy!
This Halloween thing is great!
After Trick-or-Treating, we headed to a friend's house for a Halloween pizza party!  We had such a great evening together!


This morning, I realized that I never got a great shot of Savannah dressed up in her costume smiling and happy, so we got suited up again for some shots.  :)  Remember I said earlier that three teeth popped through today?  Well, here is what she thought about taking pictures again....

Again, Mom????

Side Shot
Well, after a few minutes and whipping out her favorite stuffed animal, she was all smiles!  

Yay!
Isn't this the cutest zebra you've ever seen!

No comments:

Post a Comment