Saturday, June 30, 2012

The Greek Isle of Santorini

Our second to last stop was Santorini- the most gorgeous island I've ever seen!  It's known for it's beautiful cliffs, shores, and white buildings with blue roofs!  It was absolutely breathtaking.  We thoroughly enjoyed the trip, but it ended up being the hardest day for us.  We took a buss ride from one side of the island to the other, and on both trips poor little Savy got motion sickness.  She never threw up, but cried from discomfort.  I can't blame her, I started feeling sick myself on the return trip.  Aside from that, Santorini was gorgeous!  It was a wonderful place for enjoying the beautiful vistas and admire God's creation!
Cliffs of Santorini
The Cable Car coming to take us up the cliff side. 
Someone fell asleep on the ride.
During the bus ride.















Donkeys coming up the road! 
At lunch!
Savy was really hungry!

The volcano caldera.


You can see the road up the cliffside.
Santorini was a dream!  Next stop (the last one)- Naples, Italy!

No comments:

Post a Comment