Saturday, June 23, 2012

Look Whooo's Turning One!

Before I write several posts on our vacation, I wanted to go ahead and get a post about Savannah's first birthday party here in Saudi!  This past Thursday, we had a wonderful party to celebrate our sweetie's first birthday.  Now, she won't be one until July 1; however,  so many of our friends are leaving for the summer, we decided to have her party early so they could be here to celebrate.

We chose a "Look whooo's one" party theme with owls and lots of pink, green, and white!  Very girlie!  Party decorations are hard to come by, so I decided to make everything myself using my handy dandy Silhouette (you should check it out).   I also entertained the idea of doing a pool party since Savannah loves the water, but with the 115+ degree temperatures we've been having, I quickly decided to keep it inside the air conditioning.  I should also say, prepare yourself for lots of pictures!


Happy family!
The cake made by our friend Lindsey Perry.
Savannah's smash cake.
The Spread
Party Favors 
Front Door
We wanted it to be fairly low key, so we kept it to several of Savannah's little friends and our close friends- and I must say that was perfect for us!  The kids had such a good time playing together. We are blessed by all of our friendships over here!
Our Neighbor Doug 
Sweet Cherie 
Uncle Dan
Savannah and Tucker 
Birthday girl!
Brent with the newest addition to the Saudi crew-  6 day old Jacob Sperling.
Lindsey and Brooklyn
The guys.
One of her favorite things to do!
Ian and Savannah 
Verna, Stephanie, and Jacob
Playing!


Mrs. Cindy and Savannah
Uncle Dan, Aunt Heather, and Savannah
Stephanie and Jacob with Savannah and I
Then the time came for cake and presents!  Our good friend Lindsey Perry did the beautiful cake for Savannah's party, and it turned out amazing!  She also created a little smash cake just for Savannah; it was precious!  While we took pictures by the cake Savannah could not take her eyes of of it, she looked like she was ready to dive right in.  When we presented the smash cake to the birthday girl, she surprised us all and wasn't quite sure what to do.  She stuck a few fingers in, and immediately decided that she didn't like her hands being dirty!  Don't know where she gets that from (finger pointing directly at me)?  No matter how much encouragement we gave her, we couldn't get her to voluntarily stick her hands in the cake.  I finally pulled out a fork and started feeding it to her and that did the trick.  It was hilarious, and fit her personality so appropriately!  It will be something we always laugh about!

The cakes
Family picture 
Blowing out the candle.
Birthday girl!
Eyeing the cake!
Sticking her fingers in.
Not quite sure what to think about it. 
Mommy trying to give a little encouragement.
Picking up a small piece and having a bite!
We had several of Savannah's friends help her open presents while she sat on Daddy's lap.  She loved watching everything, and she loves all of her presents!  As I'm typing she's playing with one that plays music and she's dancing to it (the dancing is a whole other blog post).

Presents! 

This picture just makes me smile!
Present table.

We had such a wonderful time together with our friends!  Thank you all for helping celebrate our little princess!  Savannah, we love you so much and are so proud of you!  You are a blessing to us, and we are so happy to be your parents!  Happy birthday sweet pea!

The next day we took a few pictures of Savannah in her fancy birthday dress that is on loan from our friend Sarah in the States.  We love you Savannah!

Daddy and Savannah!



No comments:

Post a Comment