Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Savannah's Birthday Present.....Finally!

For the past few years I have secretly admired the VERY children's anywhere armchairs from Pottery Barn Kids!  Before Savannah was born, I knew that I wanted to get her one of those chairs eventually, but resigned myself to the fact that it would have to be when we got back to the States because we had no PBK here.  Then, this past February I saw a wonderful sign in our favorite mall in Khobar declaring that Pottery Barn Kids would be opening soon.  Soon is a very relative term here, but to my delight it opened up in June!  I was so thrilled!  I went to the store, picked out the slipcover, the thread color, and decided on the font style.  I happily placed my order and was told that I would be called when it was ready.  Well one week went by, two weeks, three weeks..... you get the idea.  I went in a second time and was told that my order never got placed so I reordered her chair.  Guess what happened...... my order wasn't placed.  I did this a third time..... same thing!  Finally, after my fourth order attempt I was successful!!!  We went and picked up her chair this past Thursday and brought home Savannah's very belated birthday present (three months late, just part of the Saudi life).    

At first I was a little worried that she would be totally uninterested in it, but boy was I wrong.  SHE LOVES HER CHAIR!!!!!  It has been so much fun to watch her enjoy it.  :)

The Chair!

Her name at the top of the chair in English.
Her name in Arabic at the bottom of the chair.
Not sure what to think about it at first.
After a few minutes, she LOVED IT! 

Lamby needs a hug!
I hope to see many hours of this in her chair!  :)

We love you Savannah!

No comments:

Post a Comment