Thursday, June 13, 2013

Play School Graduation 2013

On Wednesday, June 12 Savannah's play school did a PRECIOUS graduation ceremony for the kids that will be moving on to pre-kindergarten and kindergarten at ISG Jubail next year.  While Savannah was not a graduate, her age group did a song and dance performance in the program.  They sang and danced to "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star, " Five Little Ducks," and "If You're Happy and You Know It."

Savannah LOVES to sing and dance.  She constantly has a tune in her head and sings throughout the day as she plays, eats, reads... you get the picture.  :)  I could tell they had really been practicing because she would come home and sing the songs with the motions, so I was really excited to watch them get on stage.  :)

The teachers asked the kids to dress in special colors for the performance, so Savannah was requested to wear a dress with yellow in it.  Here's our little sweet pea before we headed out the door.  I couldn't get her to stand still long enough to get a picture of her smiling, but she's a cutie nonetheless.




Once we got to play school I was able to snap a few pictures of her with her teacher, the wonderful Mrs. May, or Mayz as Savannah calls her!  We LOVE Mrs. May!!!!



We'd arrived a little early, because I wanted to stealthily make sure I could sit on the second or third row.  I was a little worried that if I sat up front where Savannah could easily see me, that she wouldn't want to sing and dance because she'd want me.  When I got inside, I immediately saw that the teachers had already assigned seats to the parents (to make sure everyone could fit), and guess where I was- on the front row.  I decided not to worry about it and figured that at least I'd be able to get great pictures!!  :)  Savannah and I waited in our seat for a little while for everyone to arrive.  We snapped a few pictures of us and our friends.

Mommy and Savannah
Our friends:  Elizabeth and Edward Kyle and Tucker, Cherie, and Matt Ford  
Edward and Tucker were two of the special graduates!
The stage and decorations.  :)  The teachers had all of the staging built just for this!
Once all of the parents and kids arrived, Savannah went with her teacher to join her class.  After some opening remarks, Savannah's class was out first to start their performance.  She immediately ran over to me and I thought, "Here we go, " but boy was I wrong.  I held her for a minute, gave her a hug, and then took her and put her on the stage with her class.  She looked at me for just a minute, and then the music started---  that's when the laughter began!  Let me tell you- this kid is a performer!  She sang, did the hand motions, danced, and clapped her little heart out!  It was so funny because some of the kids were running around the stage playing with the balloons, some were crying, some were just standing there, but our little star was watching her teachers and PERFORMING!  I was laughing so hard that I was crying because it was so cute.  At one point during the performance, she got really into "If You're Happy and You Know It" and almost jumped off of the stage because she had progressively scooted closer and closer to the edge.  Mrs. May caught her and kept her from falling, but it was hilarious!  I was so proud (I'm not biased at all!) of our little pumpkin.  What a joy it was to watch her have fun with her song and dance.  :)  I was lucky enough to get it on video, so we will be able to cherish it forever!  I couldn't wait to show Brent and the grandparents!

The teachers trying to herd her class- Savannah was with me at this point. 













Mrs. May keeping her from going over the edge! 

Melt my heart, I love this little girl!

A special thank you to the wonderful play school teachers for working so hard to put together a wonderful graduation ceremony for all of the kids and parents to enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment