Thursday, June 27, 2013

Saying Goodbye to the McGuires

The first year that Brent and I lived in Saudi, our company had not expatriated many families yet (they came during our second year).  Our compound was pretty empty at the time and there were no people our age living nearby.  When I was blessed with the opportunity to work at ISG Jubail, I met the McGuires on my first day.  Right off the bat, I knew that these two were believers and I was excited to have another couple that we could possibly connect with.  I could not have imagined how important this friendship would be to us over the past four years!!  The Lord was truly blessing us when he allowed us to cross paths with the McGuires.  

That first year we hung out quite a lot a went through Dave Ramsey's "Financial Peace University" together.  During the next three years we watched each other's families grow and blossom.  Aden was born in January 2011 and Avery was born in April 2013.  Aden and Savannah are the best of friends, and have spent countless hours playing happily together.  We have lived a lot of "life" together and consider them as family more than friends. This family is truly exceptional!

The time has come for the McGuires to start on a new adventure that leads them away from Saudi.  They are repatriating back to Wisconsin where Jamie will be teaching middle school social studies, and Tara will be able to be a stay at home mom!  Tuesday, we had to say goodbye to our dear friends.  Selfishly, I am crushed that they won't be here in the fall, but at the same time I am so happy for them as they start down this new journey.  Tara and Jamie, thank you for four years of wonderful friendship and time together!  We can't wait to hear all about life back in the States and look forward to many skype sessions!

Our Wonderful Friends
What a sweet family, and look at that great big brother!


Their last meal together.  :(


Buddies!
I love you Uncle Jamie! Miss you!
I love you Aunt Tara!  Miss you!
We love you McGuires, and we will miss you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment